SP Jain School of Global Management proudly welcomed 26 Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) students to its Undergraduate Orientation for the January 2019 and September 2018 batches at Singapore campus on 14th January 2019. Staying true to our vision of borderless classrooms, we have been joined by undergraduate students, or Jaguars as we call them, from 7 nationalities including Chinese, Dominican, Indian, Korean, Ukrainian, Uzbekistani and Vietnamese.
SP Jain welcomed 26 BBA students from 7 nationalities at the Undergraduate Orientation at Singapore campus
The Jaguars have come together for their international adventure with SP Jain, to learn and live in three megacities of the world – Singapore, Dubai and Sydney – and become independent global business leaders. The Jaguars will not only get an opportunity to interact with people of different backgrounds but also understand the global nature of business in the most compelling way – through actual exposure to diverse cultures, political beliefs, traditions and technological innovations.
(Left to Right) Professor Golo Weber, Assistant Dean & Assistant Professor (BBA),
Dr. John Fong, CEO & Head of Campus (Singapore) and Mr. Jim Faherty, Student Experience Manager,
began the event with the lamp-lighting ceremony
Hosted by Mr. Jim Faherty, Student Experience Manager, the event kickstarted with an auspicious lamp-lighting ceremony led by Dr. John Fong, CEO & Head of Campus (Singapore), and Professor Golo Weber, Assistant Dean & Assistant Professor (BBA). This was followed by the SP Jain Prayer recited by Ms. Marrilyne D’Cruz, Institutional Development Executive, and the Students’ Pledge by Mr. Luan Nguyen Quang, student from the BBA January 2019 cohort.
Dr. John Fong, CEO & Head of Campus (Singapore), delivered an engaging Welcome Address at the Undergraduate Orientation
The orientation was then officiated with a Welcome Address by Dr. John Fong, CEO & Head of Campus (Singapore), where students got to know more about the city and the exciting curriculum that awaits them.
The afternoon was packed with activities to help students familiarise with the School, including:
• Make A Start Activity - Ms. Hagit Ben Ari, Counsellor & Life Coach
• SP Jain Campus Culture - Prof. Golo Weber, Assistant Dean & Assistant Professor (BBA)
• Plagiarism Talk - Dr. Shalini Chandra, Assistant Professor (BBA)
• Introduction to LoudCloud - Ms. Afsha Syed, Program Coordinator (BBA) & Ms. Cherrie Pabilonia, Program Coordinator (BBA)
• IT Orientation - Mr. Mohan CV, IT Manager
• Introduction to Library - Ms. Mahalakshmi Manoharan
• Introduction to Facilities - Mr. Joselle Motol, Student Welfare & Facilities Manager & the Facilities Team
• Introduction to Global Learning - Mr. Jamalludin Jamiah, Global Learning Executive & Mr. Nathaniel Stephan, Global Learning Executive
To see more photos from the Undergraduate Orientation, please click here.
Team SP Jain wishes our Jaguars all the best as they embark on an exciting global journey.