A 36-month business program designed to meet the needs of high-achieving business professionals who wish to enhance their business education through original research. The program builds on the business acumen of previously undertaken graduate studies, using global intelligence as a focus to equip graduates with the skills needed to solve business problems, regardless of the context. The program offers all the academic rigour of a traditional PhD but is largely tailored to an executive audience and researchers who want a qualification that is practical and relevant to the organsations they work at.
Key Program Highlights
Global intelligence here is to acknowledge and learn that some researching issues are common across geographies and others are specific to geographies. The way research is conducted is different across geographies. Students have the opportunity to learn these in the classroom, so that they develop a global outlook to identifying researchable issues of interest to businesses in different geographies and find solutions using appropriate researching tools.
A doctoral degree adds immense prestige to a candidate’s profile and is much coveted. DBA graduates can expect senior-level career opportunities in banks, government, education, and almost all sectors. The program gives individuals a professional edge in the marketplace and invariably enhances employability. Given that Asia is on a rapid growth path this qualification will help graduates get top jobs.
Program Structure & Curriculum
- The program can be completed in a part-time format.
- The first year offers structured coursework assessed by examinations to prepare students to undertake a research project.
- The coursework component comprises four courses, completed over four terms in a year: Research methodology and literature review, Case methodology and qualitative research, Statistical tools and techniques for research, and Research proposal and ethics. Learning is assessed during the course and by a final examination.
- Under the guided supervision of an academic, students undertake a large research project over two years that significantly contributes to business practice. Upon completion, the thesis is sent to scholars who are experts in the field for examination.
SEYED REZA AGHA SEYED HOSSEINI
LEE JENG WAH, JAMES
SANJAY KUMAR BAGDI
To enrol in the program, applicants must have:
- A Master’s degree from a recognised University or equivalent as recognised by the DBA Committee of S P Jain and
- At least three years of experience
An international applicant whose undergraduate and postgraduate degree is not in the medium of English will be required to take an English language test and show an acceptable score prior to course commencement.
English Language Requirement: IELTS: 6.5/ TOEFL iBT: 70 (minimum)/Pearson Test of English: 60 (minimum)
- Submit an online application form along with the following supporting documents like:
- University degree transcripts
- The Admission Committee will shortlist candidates based on several criteria, including past academic performance, work experience and other information provided to us.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview to test the candidate's capability to complete the course.
Please get in touch with us for detailed fees structure.