Dr SMITHA SARMA RANGANATHAN
- PhD in Management - Jain University, Bangalore, (2017)
- PGDBA. with Emphases on Marketing and HRM, Mount Carmel Institute of Management, Bangalore (2002)
- Bachelor of Science, Specialization - Microbiology, University of Mumbai (1999)
Subjects taught/student project mentor
- Contemporary Marketing Management
- Digital Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Strategic Brand Management
- Adjunct Faculty– S P Jain School of Global Management; May 2017 Onwards
- Visiting Faculty – T A Pai Management Institute; November 2017 Onwards
- Adjunct Faculty - IBS Business School Bangalore; July 2012 Onwards o Adjunct
- Professor– PESIT University, Bangalore; June 2018 Onwards
- Chief Story Teller – SSR Brandlooms; August 2015 Onwards
- Program Director – Center for Public Health and Awareness; October 2014 Onwards
- Honorary Program Director – ANSWER; November 2015 Onwards
- Director – Strategic Accounts – Klub Class; Bangalore; June 2011 – June 2012
- Account Director – Publicis Healthcare Communications Group; Bangalore; March 2008 – May 2011
- Business Manager, Tata Interactive Systems; Mumbai; November 2006 - February 2008
- Manager – Scientific Solutions, Klub Class; Bangalore; February 2004 – October 2006
- Project Manager, Indegene Life Systems; Bangalore; May 2002 – January 2004
- Medical language specialist, Thunga Software; Bangalore; May 1999 - April 2000
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
Dr Smitha’s research interest lies in conceptualizing and delivering branding propositions that address business objectives. Specifically, her research initiatives center on effective integration of offline and online media platforms to achieve meaningful outcomesShe works closely with the pharmaceutical sector as well to study brand choice behaviour of physicians. Her study involving the prescription behaviour of over 600 physicians across the country paves way to conceptualizing the Prescription Choice Prism Framework that is being published as a book for pharmaceutical marketing practitioners. In addition, she has also been an enthusiastic contributor to popular media publications and has over 46 publications to her credit as a columnist for Times of India, Economic Times, The Hindustan Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post and BBC.
- Digital Marketing in The Indian Pharmaceutical Industry: A Study To Assess Views Of Pharmaceutical Marketing Professionals In Using Digital Marketing As A Brand Promotional Lever; World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, March 2016.
- Clinical Service Lines as a Competitive Strategy among Tertiary Eye Care Hospitals in Urban India; FIIB Business Review, June 2016.
- India Retail - The Billion Dollar Baby; ELK Asia Pacific Journal, July 2016.
- The Dettol Row: From Bathroom Wrangles to Kitchen Squabbles; ET Cases, 2015. 5.
- Leveraging the Power of Social Media for Market Development. International Conference on Social Media Revolution: The End of Traditional Marketing Communication? August 24, 2016. ISBN No. 978-93-85526-97-8.
- Strategies for Marketing Financial Products. (2018). In Personal Financial Planning (pp. 358-362). Bangalore, Karnataka: Himalaya Publishing House.
Plenary Speaker Engagements
- Marketing Dilemmas in the Digital world
- Weaving a Story Socially
- De-marketing Myths in Marketing
- Leveraging Social for definitive Business outcomes
- Achieving Customer Centricity in the digital era
- Navigating the Digital Ecosystem
Awards & recognition
- Outstanding Content Leader Award (May 2017); World Content Council
- Bhoomika Iconic Woman Award (March 2017); Times of India Group
- Best Quizzer - "Chanakya" (November 2016)
- Best Product Pitch Award (September 2016)
- Best Paper Award - Social Media & Digital Marketing (August 2016)
- Best Case Writer Award (September 2013)
- Rx Club Award (August 2010)