Stockport Gary John
Dean - Executive MBA
Professor - Strategy
- PhD, Cranfield School of Management, UK
- Master of Business Administration, University of Warwick, UK
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), University of Nottingham, UK
- Bachelors of Arts, Leeds Polytechnic, UK
- Global Immersion Project
- Dean - Executive MBA, S P Jain School of Global Management, UAE, October 2016 - Present
- Winthrop Professor (Management), University of Western Australia, Australia,2001 – September 2016
- University of Cape Town, South Africa, 1998 - 2000
- Associate Professor in Management and Director of the Graduate School of Business and Director of Postgraduate Programs, Queensland University of Technology, Australia, 1996 - 1998
- Lecturer and then Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management and International Business and Director of the Master of Management Program, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 1993 - 1996
- ESRC Management Teaching Fellow, University of Lancaster, UK, 1989 - 1993
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
Refereed Global Conference Papers
- Simon, A., Parker, A. and Stockport, G. (2016). Investigating and identifying the relationship between strategic capabilities and quality music festival event management in Australia, Paper presented and Conference Proceedings of the British Academy of Management Conference, University of Newcastle, UK, 6-8 September 2016.
- Stockport, G. and Thapa, B. (2015), Investigating the changing competitive dynamics within the iron ore industry, Paper presented and Conference Proceedings of the ICMC Conference, New Delhi, India, 3-4 December 2015. Published in G.D. Sardana and Tojo Thatchenkery, Optimising for Business Growth: Strategies for scaling up, pp. 387-401, Bloomsbury: New Delhi. ISBN: 978-93-85436-78-9.
- Simon, A. and Stockport, G. (2015), Strategic management for improved performance: towards a more mature theory of dynamic capabilities currently in a nascent state, Paper presented at the 29th Annual Conference of the Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM), Queenstown, New Zealand, 2-4 December 2015.
- Stockport, G., Klobas, J. and Mackintosh, B. (2012), Beyond the rhetoric: Planning for the future university, Paper presented at and Conference Proceedings of the IADIS International Higher Education Conference, Perth, Western Australia, 3-5 November 2012.
- Stockport, G. (2010), Developing strategic foresight for strategic transformation, Paper presented and Conference Proceedings of the 6th International Strategic Management Conference, Searching for Strategies out of the Global Recession, St. Petersburg, Russia, 8-10 July 2010.
- Stockport, G. (2012). Strategy Case Studies, Tilde University Press, pp.1-228.