- PhD in Information Systems, College of Management and Social Sciences, University of Agder, Norway, 2013.
- Masters of Business Administration - Management Information Systems (MIS), Graduate School of Business, Arab Academy for Science and Technology (AAST), Egypt, 2003
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)- Financial Management major, College of Management and Technology – AAST, Egypt,1999
Subjects taught/student project mentor
- E Business Strategies
- Enterprise Business Application of IT
- Visiting Professor, TIAS- School for Business & Society, Netherlands, Oct 2015 - Present
- Associate Professor, Westerdals- Oslo School of Arts, Communication & Technology, Norway, Jul 2014 – Present
- Associate Professor, The Norwegian School of IT (NITH), Norway, Apr 2014 – Jul 2014
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Luleå University of Technology (LTU), Sweden, Mar 2014 - Feb 2016
- Visiting Lecturer, The Norwegian School of IT (NITH), Norway, Oct 2013- Apr 2014
- Visiting IS Lecturer, Universitetet i Agder (UiA), Norway, Feb 2013 - Present
- Assistant Professor/ IS Lecturer, Universitetet i Agder (UiA), Norway, Feb 2009 – Feb 2013
- Senior Research Engineer/ Lecturer, Luleå University of Technology (LTU), Sweden, Feb 2013 – Feb 2014
- Visiting Lecturer, The Norwegian School of IT (NITH), Norway, Master in IS program (2013 - 2014)
- Visiting IS Lecturer, Universitetet i Agder (UiA), Norway (2013 to Present)
- Assistant Professor/ IS Lecturer, Universitetet i Agder (UiA), Norway, College of Economics and Social Sciences- Department of Information Systems, Enterprise Systems Centre (2009 - 2013)
- Lecturer Free Technology Academy (FTA.org)- EU funded project, Apr 2010 – Feb 2013
- Assistant Lecturer of Information Systems, German University in Cairo (GUC), Faculty of Management Technology- Information Systems Dept. (2004 to 2009)
- Teaching Assistant/Web Designer, Arab Academy for Science and Technology (AAST), Management Information Systems Department. (2000-2004)
- IT Lecturer (part time), Institute of International Maritime Transport & Logistics, International Transport & Logistics Diploma (2000 -2009)
- IT Trainer (part time), Advanced Management Institute – AAST (2001-2009)
- Teaching Assistant (part time), Arab Academy for Science and Technology - AAST, Management Information Systems Department- Cairo Branch (2000-2002)
- IT Trainer (part time), American University in Cairo, The Community Service and Continuing Education Center – AAST Branch (1999-2000)
- Advisory Council Member (invited & elected) - EMEA Region, Microsoft Dynamics Academic Alliance, June 2016-Present
- Expert Project Applications’ Evaluator, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology (MCIT) –Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA), Aug 2015 - Present
- Head, Norway, Fursa International AB, Jan 2015 - Present
- Network Administrator - Internet Support Specialist, Office Information Center (OIC) – AAST, Mar 1999 - Sep 2000
- Dr. Haddara has served as a consultant to several organizations, governments, and corporations. His list of clients includes the European Union and the Government of Egypt.
Research & Publications
- Haddara, M., Costantini, A., (2017). “ERP II is Dead, Long Live CRM”, Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier. Forthcoming.
- Haddara, M., Moen, H., (2017). “User Resistance in ERP Implementation: A Literature Review”, Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier. Forthcoming.
- Haddara, M. Hetlevik, T., (2017). “Do ERP System’s Traditional Support Structures Really Help?”. Business Systems Research Journal. Forthcoming.
- Haddara, M., (2017). “ERP Selection: A Case of a Multinational Enterprise”. Information Resources Management Journal (IRMJ), Special Issue. Forthcoming.
- Haddara, M., Hetlevik, T., (2016). “Investigating the Effectiveness of Support Structures within the ERP Shakedown Phase”. Procedia Computer Science, (Vol. 100, pp 507–516), Elsevier.
- Hustad, E., Haddara, M., Kalvenes, B., (2016). “ERP and organizational misfits: An ERP customization journey”. Procedia Computer Science, (Vol. 100, pp 429–439), Elsevier.
- Haddara, M., Elragal, A., (2015). “The Readiness of ERP Systems to the Factory of the Future”. Procedia Computer Science, (Vol. 64, pp 721-728), Elsevier.
- Haddara, M., Fagerstrøm, A., Mœland, B., (2015). “Cloud ERP Systems: Anatomy of Adoption Factors & Attitudes”. Journal of Enterprise Resource Planning Studies. Vol. 2015.
- Haddara, M., (2014). "ERP Selection: The SMART Way". Procedia Technology, (Vol. 16, pp 394-403), Elsevier.
- Elragal, A., Haddara, M., (2013). “The Impact of ERP Partnership Formation Regulations on the Failure of ERP Implementations”. Procedia Technology, (Vol. 9, pp 527-535), Elsevier.
- Haddara, M., Elragal, A. (2013). “ERP Adoption Cost Factors Identification and Classification: A study in SMEs”. International Journal of Information Systems and Project Management (IJISPM), vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 5-21.
- Haddara, M., & Elragal, A. (2013). “ERP Lifecycle: A Retirement Case Study”. Information Resources Management Journal (IRMJ), 26(1), 1-11.
- Haddara, M. and Zach, O., “ERP in SMEs: An Extended Literature Review”. International Journal of Information Sciences (IJIS) 2(6) (2012).
- Haddara, M., “Exploring ERP Adoption Cost Factors”. Journal of Computer Technology & Applications (JCTA) 3(3) (2012), 250-261.
- Elragal, A., & Haddara, M. (2012). “The Future of ERP Systems: look backward before moving forward”. Procedia Technology, (Vol. 5, pp 21-30), Elsevier.
- Haddara, M., & Elragal, A. (2011). “ERP lifecycle: When to retire your ERP system?”., Communications in Computer and Information Science (Vol. 219, pp. 168-177), Springer.
- Kotb, M. T., Haddara, M., & Kotb, Y. T. (2011). ”Back-propagation artificial neural network for ERP adoption cost estimation”., Communications in Computer and Information Science (Vol. 220, pp. 180-187), Springer.
- Elragal, A., & Haddara, M. (2010). “The Use of Experts Panels in ERP Cost Estimation Research”., Communications in Computer and Information Science (Vol. 110, pp. 97-108), Springer.
- Elragal, A., Haddara, M., Introduction to “Enterprise Systems and Gamification” workshop, CENTERIS, Barcelona, Spain 2017.
- Sædberg, A., Haddara, M., “An Exploration Of Adoption Factors For Cloud- Based ERP Systems In The Public Sector”, (2016). Paper presented at NOKOBIT 2016, Bergen, 28-30 Nov. NOKOBIT, vol. 24, no. 1, Bibsys Open Journal Systems, ISSN 1894-7719.
- Thabet, Y., Haddara, M., “Query Caching and Answering: an atom based neuro-architecture. IEEE Intelligent Systems Conference Proceedings, London, UK, September 2016.
- Sajid, O., Haddara, M., “NFC Mobile Payments: Are We Ready for Them? IEEE Conference Proceedings in SAI Computing Conference, London, UK, June 2016.
- Mœland, B., Haddara, M., Fragstrøm, A., "Perception of SaaS Adoption in Norwegian Enterprises: Focus On ERP", NOKOBIT, Fredrikstad, Norway, 2014.
- Elragal, A., Haddara, M., "Big Data Analytics: A Text Mining-Based Literature Analysis", NOKOBIT, Fredrikstad, Norway, 2014.
- Thapa, D., Haddara, M., “Long Term Preservation of 3D Architectural Data: A Literature Review”. Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi) NOKOBIT 2013, 17-20 November, 2013, Stavanger, Norway.
- Haddara, M., "ERP Cost Factors in SMEs", EMCIS 2011, May 28-30, Athens, Greece.
- Haddara, M. and Päivarinta, T., “Why Benefits Realization from ERP in SMEs Doesn't Seem to Matter?”. HICSS 44, January 4-7, 2011, Kauai, Hawaii.
- Haddara, M. and Zach, O., “ERP Systems in SMEs: A Literature Review”. HICSS 44, January 4-7, 2011, Kauai, Hawaii.
- Haddara, M. and Elragal A., "Cost Estimation for ERP Adoption in SMEs: A Conceptual Framework", IRIS 32 - Information Systems Research Seminar in Scandinavia, 9-12 Aug 2009, Molde, Norway.
- Assad, Y., Haddara, M., El-Ragal, A. “LinventiX - Technology Transfer and Information and Communications Technology the Open Source Way”. The International Conference on Computer Theory and Applications (ICCTA), IEEE, Alexandria, 2005.
Awards & recognition
- “Teacher of the Year Award” Nomination for the year 2013/2014. Luleå University of Technology, Sweden.
- Techne Summit Award, “Appreciation of Your Outstanding Contribution in Techne Summit 2015”. Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt.
- Research and Teaching Fellowship, Centre of Enterprise Systems, University of Agder, Norway, 2009
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to Faculty Services & for Outstanding Performance and Lasting Contribution to the German University in Cairo during 2005/2006. The German University in Cairo, October 2006
- Certificate of Recognition for Supporting and Showing Commitment and Devotion to Teaching, MIS Department Website, and Orientation Catalogue. Arab Academy for Science and Technology. March 2005.
- Certificate of Recognition and Appreciation for the Outstanding Devotion and Support to the MIS Major Students Throughout the Period 2000/2001. Arab Academy for Science and Technology. July, 2001.
- Member, Association of Information Systems (AIS).
- Bulletin Director, AIS –Egyptian Chapter (EAIS).
- Member, IEEE Collabratec