Dr. Suchismita Das
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Semi-parametric Regression Model and Reliability Theory, Statistics, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, India in 2012
- Master of Science in Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India in 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, University of Calcutta, India in 2003
Subjects taught/student project mentor
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operations Research
- Business Research Methods
- Business Statistics
- Operations Analytics
- Total Quality Management
- Assistant Professor: Big Data and Analytics Program, S P Jain School of Global Management (August, 2018- Till Date)
- Assistant Professor: Operations Department, Swayam Siddhi College of Management & Research (July, 2017- May, 2018)
- Visiting Scientist: Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division, Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata, India (December, 2014–March, 2016)
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (December, 2013–June 2014)
- Visiting Scientist: Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Unit of Indian Statistical Institute Delhi Center, India (January, 2013–December, 2013)
- Visited ITC PS&PD and giving statistical training on Statistical quality control, Six Sigma Yellow belt and Green belt Program at ITC PS&PD in 2015-2016 as a part of ISI Team-SQC & OR Unit.
- Visited Maersk Logistics India PVT. LTD. (Pune) and trained middle level anagement personnel on Statistics and Queuing Theory in March 2015 as a part of ISI Team-SQC & OR Unit.
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Stochastic comparison, stochastic dependence, studying ageing property; stochastic process, counting process, martingale in survival analysis.
- Also interested in statistical inferences, software reliability.
- Chakraborty, A.K., Basak, G.K., Das, S. (2019). Bayesian Optimum Stopping Rule for Software Release. Opsearch. Accepted for Publication
- Das, S., Nanda, A.K. (2017). Some ageing properties of Dynamic Additive Mean Residual Life Model. Rashi. 2(1), 26-33.
- Das, S., Kundu, D. (2016). On Weighted Exponential Distribution and its Length Biased Version. Journal of the Indian Society of Probability and Statistics. 17(1), 57-77.
- Das, S. (2016). Some Results on Weighted Generalized Entropy. Communications in Statistics- Theory and Methods. 46(12), 5707-5727.
- Nanda, A.K., Das, S., Balakrishnan, N. (2013). On Dynamic Proportional Mean Residual Life Model. Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences. 27, 553-588.
- Nanda, A.K., Das, S. (2013). Some Ageing Properties of the Marshall-Olkin Extended Distribution. International Journal of Mathematics and Statistics. 13(1), 93-107.
- Nanda, A.K., Das, S. (2012). Stochastic Orders of the Marshall-Olkin Extended Distribution, Statistics and Probability Letters, 82, 295-302.
- Nanda, A.K., Das, S. (2011). Dynamic Proportional Hazard Rate and Reversed Hazard Rate Model. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 141, 2108-2119.
- Your memberships points need to return in bullet points
Awards & recognition
Qualified Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur JRF Entrance Test (2007) and awarded
- Junior Research Fellowship in Reliability and Survival Analysis and received Scholarship from DST (2007-2008).
- Senior Research Fellowship in Reliability and Survival Analysis from IISER Kolkata (2008-2012)