Director of Counseling and Coaching Center
- PhD in International Psychology special focus on Organizations and Systems- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL, USA 2018- 2021 (expected)
Field Experience in Ghana – December 2018: Worked closely with 4 different organizations in Ghana understanding, strategizing, and assisting in organizational mental health related processes.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with Counseling Specialization The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL, USA 2007- 2009
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology University of Mumbai (India), 2001- 2006
Subject Taught/ Student Project Mentor
- Emotional Intelligence- Undergraduate Course
- Mentoring Regional Research Projects- Undergraduate
Academic experience SP Jain School of Global Management
- Taught full credit Emotional Intelligence Course as a part of the Employability and Practioner Skills Series for the Undergraduate Program with very positive student feedback each year (Every Fall Semester).
- Mentored Regional Research Projects of Undergraduate students as a part of their core coursework.
- Global Director - Counseling and Coaching Center (Dec 2012- Current) SP Jain School of Global Management Dubai, UAE
- Spearheaded the development and implementation of individual/ group counseling services and career guidance.
- Led monthly counseling staff meetings across campuses (Dubai, Sydney, Singapore, Mumbai).
- Mentored students for personal, professional, academic success
- Provided effective crisis intervention services during emergency situations & developed intervention strategies for “At- Risk” students.
- Conducted personality development workshops.
- Assessed and evaluated students based on appropriate use of psychometric tools.
- Developed counseling related policies across campuses for effective interventions.
- Involved in design and execution of SP Jain's esteemed program- Passport to Excellence (P2E) to train students to be “interview- ready”.
- Initiated and led the Culture, Coffee, and Conversations (C3) Program to facilitate cross- cultural exchange among students and empowered students to facilitate the same.
- Designed and implemented the Peer Mentorship and Counseling Program to train student peer mentors.
- Co- founder- Centre of Excellence for Happiness: Developed Academic and Corporate Positive Psychology and Happiness Programs and conducted trainings and workshops incorporating the Science of Happiness and Positive Psychology principles.
- Senior Counselor & Psychologist (Sept 2012 – Dec 2012) Inner Space Counseling and Assessment Mumbai, India
- Marriage Counseling and Couples Therapy
- Individual/ Family Counseling
- Psychometric Testing and Assessments
- Basic Counseling Skills included- Cognitive- Behavioral Therapy, Client- Centered
- Therapy, Mindfulness & Positive Psychology
- Consulting Clinical Counselor (Dec 2009- Sept 2012) Private Practice Mumbai, India
- Provided counseling services to individuals of all age groups.
- Individual/ Family Counseling
- Services included Psychotherapy, Career & Educational Guidance, Emotional, Pre-marital/ Marital Counseling, Stress and Anger Management, as well as Memory Enhancement Skills.
- Intern Therapist (May 2008- June 2009) Apna Ghar Inc. (Our Home) South Asian Domestic Violence Shelter Chicago, USA
- Provided multilingual counseling services to immigrant women and their children, who have been survivors of abuse and trauma
- Provided collaborative case management services to the clients for assisting them with employment, housing, and social skills development
- Provided translation services to the clients at courts
- Conducted Domestic Violence Groups
- Domestic Violence/ Women Empowerment training to Salon professionals, especially South- Asian as a part of the Salon Solutions program of Apna Ghar (Cut it Out program by the National Cosmetology Association).
- Provided training in different Indian languages/ dialects.
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Emotional Intelligence, Cultural Psychology, Positive Psychology, Mindfulness Based studies, Happiness and Wellbeing among students and employees, Happiness and Life Satisfaction as indicators of a nation’s development.
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Middle East Psychological Association (MEPA)
- Bombay Psychology Association (BPA)
- Counseling Association of India (CAI)
Awards & Recognition
- Published article in Khaleej Times about Student Expectations in University.
- Featured in Gulf News for the “Letters of Love” Campaign as a part of the Centre of Excellence for Happiness at S P Jain.
- Panelist at the Career Orientation Program by the GEMS School in Sharjah.
- Received the “Mabrook” Award for outstanding performance.