- PhD., University of Aston Title: A study of strategy formulation in an automotive manufacturer.
- Bachelor in Engineering Technology, Leicester Polytechnic
Subjects Taught/Student Project Mentor
- Supply Chain Management
- e-Supply Chain Management
- Professor of Technology Management (0.5) Westminster Business School, University of Westminster, London.
- Otto Mønsted Visiting Professor, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
- Professor of Operations Management (MSO), Copenhagen Business School.
- Professor, Hult International Business School, London/Dubai/Shanghai.
- University of London External System, Distance Learning Adjunct Professor.
- University of London Reader in Technology and Innovation Management, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Head of Subject Group, Technology and Information Management, School of Management, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Senior Lecturer in Operations and Technology Management, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Lecturer in Operations and Technology Management, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Managing Director, Pilko Ltd, Management Consultancy
- Manufacturing Strategy Manager, Rover Group Ltd: introducing lean practice across the whole organisation.
- Manufacturing Policy Unit Leader, Rover Group/Warwick Manufacturing Group, Warwick University: leading lean manufacturing projects in a number of business units.
- Project Engineer, Land Rover Ltd: introducing factory automation and integration with MRP system modules.
Completed Research Supervision
I have supervised approximately thirty students to completion of Masters level dissertations. In addition, I have also supervised the following PhD/MPhil projects as supervisor or advisor/other role:
Irma Makarainen-Suni, ‘Innovation in Startup Labs,’ (part time PhD, due for completion 2020)
Anne Krebs, ‘Accountable, Operable Knowledge,’ (PhD due for completion 2016).
Ekoh West ‘Mixed Method Longitudinal Exploratory Conceptualization of lean E-Supply Chain Management’ (MPhil, awarded 2013)
Kuo Feng Huang ‘Developing a Resource-Market Matrix for the Taiwanese ICT Industry’ (Doctorate awarded 2005)