Kanapaty Pelly Periasamy
- Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil ), Management/IT Management , University of Oxford, UK 10 June, 1995
- Master of Science (MSc), Management/Systems Analysis, University of Aston, UK14, December 1981
- Professional Graduate Diploma, Computer Science/Information Systems , British Computer Society, UK 1979
- Professional Graduate Diploma ,Management/Transport , Chartered Institute of Transport, UK 1978
Subject Taught/ Student Project Mentor
- IT Strategic Planning
- S P Jain School of Global Management ,Singapore, Adjunct Faculty, Since October 2016
- Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University,Singapore, MBA/MSc – Strategic IT Planning, MIS, BPR, E-Commerce, Advanced Project Management, Process Innovation, Hospitality Information System,
- BAcc/BBus – IT for Business (101), Accounting Information System, Systems Development, Project Management Executive Training – Strategic IT Planning, BPR, E-Commerce, E-Government,2005 - 2012
- Asst. Dean/ Associate Professor (last position), Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1998 - 2012
- Programme Director/ Senior Staff Member(last position), Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore, 1987 - 1998
- Head of IT/Senior IT Professional, Penang Port Commission, Malaysia, 1972 - 1986
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Charted IT Professional, UK (CITP)
- Fellow of British Computer Society (FBCS)
- Fellow of Singapore Computer Society (FSCS)
Research supervision experience
- PhD/MBA/MSc research projects
- BBus/BAcc final-year and special research projects
Research experience and outputs
- Siew-Kien Sia, K. Pelly Periasamy and Wee Kiat Lim, “Managing Vendor Transition in IT Outsourcing” , MIS Quarterly Executive, March 2010.
- K. Pelly Periasamy, “Architecting Innovative Business Solutions: Business System Architecture”, Journal of Enterprise Architecture, GEAO, Vol. 3, No. 1, March 2008.
- K. Pelly Periasamy and Siew-Kien Sia, “Challenges in delivering cross-agency integrated e-services: The OBLS project”, Journal of Information Technology, 2007(22), pp. 420-431.
- Bill Carroll, Kanapaty Pelly Periasamy, Sunanda Sangwan, and Judy A. Siguaw Thought Leaders in Interactive Distribution Roundtable Report, Cornell-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management, 2008.
- K. Pelly Periasamy, Mei-Ling Lim, Charissa N.W. Tan and Michelle Q. Xie, “Portfolio-Based Approach for Disaster Recovery Planning for IT”, PACIS2007 (11th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems), 4-6 July 2007, Auckland, New Zealand.
- K. Pelly Periasamy and Sia Siew Kien, “Challenges in Delivering Cross-Agency Integrated e-Services: The OBLS Project”, ICIS2006 (International Conference on Information Systems, 2006), 10-13 December 2006, Milwaukee, USA.
- K. Pelly Periasamy, “Crafting Innovative Business Solutions Through Pictures”, AMCIS2006: MISQE Workshop, 3-6 August 2006, Acapulco, Mexico.
- K. Pelly Periasamy, “Business System Architecture”, IT Architecture Practitioners' Conference, The Open Group, 23-25 January 2006, Barcelona, Spain.
- Sia Siew Kien , K. Pelly Periasamy and Lim Wee Kiat, “Migrating the NS Portal: Key Lessons”, Mindef/DSTA (Singapore) Case Study, 2006.
- K. Pelly Periasamy "Plan Today, Implement Tomorrow: The New Planning Paradigm for IT", GITMA 2005: 6th Global Information Technology Management Conference, Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, 5-7 June 2005
- Lee Gilbert and K. Pelly Periasamy, “A Governance Model for the Now Economy: Deploying ICT Infrastructure for Real-Time Public Service”, PTC2003: Global Broadband / Global Challenges, Hawaii, USA, 19-23 January 2003
- A. Lee Gilbert and K. Pelly Periasamy, “Broadband Infrastructure for Government: Making BIG Real”, IDA Case Study Series , Case Study No: IDA-CS/2002-1 (Version 1.0), July 2002
- A. Brand, P. Weill, C. Soh and K.P. Periasamy, “Citibank Asia Pacific: Positioning IT as a Strategic Resource”, Melbourne Business School Case Study, 1999.
- K. Pelly Periasamy, “Use and Misuse of Computers” (Keynote Address), Internet Conference, Islamabad Council of World Affairs, Islamabad, Pakistan, 1998.
- K. Pelly Periasamy and David F. Feeny, "Information Architecture Practice: Research-based Recommendations for the Practitioner “, Journal of Information Technology, September 1997.