Applied Insights and Case Studies
- 2017: Mirchi & Mime in the 15th Edition of Marketing Management – Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller (Pearson Education), Isaac Jacob, Case Study
- 2017: Zicom Security Systems in the 15th Edition of Marketing Management – Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller (Pearson Education), Isaac Jacob, Case Study
- 2017: Wonder Cement in the 15th Edition of Marketing Management – Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller (Pearson Education), Isaac Jacob, Case Study
- 2017: Oreo in the 15th Edition of Marketing Management – Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller (Pearson Education), Isaac Jacob, Case Study
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Brands and Brand Management
- Sports Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- 2019: How the “World of Barbie” created a global mindset among young girls in India. Paper accepted for presentation at the 2019 Global Fashion Management Conference, Paris, July 11-14, 2019. Udo Wagner, Isaac Jacob, Monica Khanna, Krupa Rai.
- 2018: From Differently Abled to Distinctly Enabled: Creating Social Capital Using Servqual Model - The Case of Mirchi & Mime in Mumbai at the GAMMA Global Marketing Conference in Tokyo, Japan. Isaac Jacob, Monica Khanna, Krupa Rai.
- 2018: Attribution Analysis of Luxury Brands: An investigation into consumer-brand congruence through Conspicuous Consumption at the 23rd Corporate and Marketing Communications Conference, University of Exeter, UK, April 2018. Isaac Jacob, Monica Khanna, Krupa Rai. This paper has been published in the Journal of Business Research in July 2019.
- 2016: “Analyzing the Cross-Cultural Impact of the “World of Barbie” on Young Indian Girls in Shaping their Mindset to Belong to a Transnational Imagined Community” at the Global Marketing Conference 2016, Hong Kong, July 21-24, 2016. Isaac Jacob, Monica Khanna, Krupa Rai.
- 2016: Mecosystem: A Technological Evolution for New Age Consumers. 11th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference. Isaac Jacob, Krupa Rai.
- 2016: Impact of Content on Viewership and Viewership Rating on Content-Viewer Reality Shows in TRP Ratings. 11th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference. Isaac Jacob, Mubin Khan, Krupa Rai.
- 2016: Analysing the Factors Influencing Conspicuous Buying as Sense of Achievement among Youth in Mumbai. 11th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference. Isaac Jacob, Krupa Rai.
- 2015: Identifying and Analysing Sources and Dimensions of Brand Personality for a Business School. Presented at 44th EMAC Conference in Leuven, Belgium, April 2015. Isaac Jacob, Monica Khanna, Krupa Rai.
- 2015: Oddvertising: Analysing How Kinky Creative Generates Consumer Response In Low Involvement, Low Risk, Low Unit Price Product Category coupled with Ubiquitous Distribution. Presented at 20th CMC Conference in Izmir, Turkey, May 2015. Isaac Jacob, Monica Khanna, Lalit Prajapati.
- 2014: Analysing the Effect of Customer Engagement through Digital Marketing in Building Strong B2B Brands, 9th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference. Isaac Jacob, Mayank Arora.
- 2013: Beyond Poverty: A Study of Diffusion & Adoption of Feminine Hygiene Products among Low Income Group Women in Mumbai. Paper presented at 2nd International Conference of Strategic Innovative Marketing, Prague, Czech Republic. The paper has been published in Science Direct, Elsevier Publications. Isaac Jacob, Monica Khanna, Neha Yadav.
- 2013: Celebrity Endorsement and the Effect of Q Rating on Brand Success, Marketing Metamorphosis, Somaiya Publications Pvt Ltd, ISBN 978-81-7039-286-6, and pp. 166-171 (The paper won the Best Paper Award of INR 10,000). Isaac Jacob, Rounak Rupani.
- 2013: Effects of New Media Consumption Amongst Children in the Age Group 9-13 years in Selecting Brands with Specific Emphasis in the Area of Mobile Handsets & Breakfast Cereals, Marketing Metamorphosis. Isaac Jacob, Trisha Parekh.
- Satish Ailawadi, Monica Khanna, Isaac Jacob, Marketing Metamorphosis, Transforming Lives… Nurturing Lifestyles, January 2013, Somaiya Publications Pvt Ltd, ISBN 978-81-7039-286-6
- Marketing Unbound, December 2013, Somaiya Publications Pvt Ltd, ISBN 978-81-7039-283-5, Monica Khanna, Isaac Jacob, Kiran Sharma
- Strategic Brand Management (3rd edition 2011) and (4th edition, April 2015, Pearson Education), Co-author with Prof Kevin Lane Keller, Tuck Business School, US and Dr Ambi MG Parameswaran.
This is the standard textbook on Brand Management globally and the prescribed textbook in over 155 top business schools in India. The University of Mumbai recently created their syllabus in Product and Brand Management based on the Strategic Brand Management – Keller, Parameswaran and Jacob, and is the prescribed textbook for all MMS –Marketing specialisation course under the University of Mumbai.
Know More: Google Scholar Profile
Editorial and Reviewer Activities
- On the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Marketing Communications, UK
- On the paper review panel of International Journal of Emerging Markets, Hong Kong
Major Management Development/Organisation-specific Programmes
- July 2018 - February 2019: MDP conducted for JAPFA Asia at Hanoi, Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam and Pune, India
- July 2018: MDP Workshop session on “How to build your Personal Brand”
- June 2018: Conducted a 3-day workshop for Schaeffler Auto Transmission company for their leadership team on Customer Experience Management in the B2B Sector
- September 2017: Management Development workshops on Brand Management, Integrated Marketing Communications and Advanced Marketing Strategy for Godavari Biorefineries
- April - May 2016: ARKEMA Chemicals conducted a Management Development Programme focusing on Integrated Marketing Communications, Advanced Marketing Strategy and Blue Ocean Strategy
- March 2013 - 2019: Insurance Institute of India – Regular participation in National and International MDP on various marketing and brand management-based programmes.
- March 2013: INS Hamla – Programme on Marketing Management, Integrated Marketing Communications and Personal Branding
- Chairperson (Faculty) - Public Relations (2018 – Present)
- Chairperson Board of Studies - PGDM Executive Programme (2018 – Present)
- Programme Coordinator - PGDM - International Business (2017 – Present)
- Area Chairperson - Marketing (2010 – 2013, 2016 – Present)
- Area Chairperson - International Business (2016 – Present)
- Programme Coordinator - PGDM - Integrated Marketing Communications (2012 – Present)
- Co-Convener SIMSR Global Marketing Conference (2012 – 2019)
- Programme Coordinator – PGDM Executive (2016 – 2018)
- Programme Coordinator - PGDM Retail Management (2009 – 2016)
- Member of Academic Council
- SIMSR Faculty representative (Marketing) on the Governing Board of the business school
Awards & Recognition
- JBIMS Alumni Achiever Award 1996 - Awarded by alma mater, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, University of Mumbai, India
- Best Teacher for Outstanding Contribution to Teaching and Education (Marketing Management, 2014) by the Higher Education Forum, Mumbai, India
- Best Teacher Award at the 3rd Asian CEF Awards for Excellence in Education, 2014
- Outstanding Performance Award, September 2015, Somaiya Vidyavihar, presented by Chairman Shri Samir Somaiya
- Chaired a track at the 20th CMC Conference in Izmir, Turkey
Media Appearances & Coverage
- Interviewed by ET Now on November 15, 2019 on the setting up of the Media Analytics Lab at KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai, India