Area of expertise
- Research Methods
- Social Issues
- PhD, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA Finance Aug’88-Aug’92
- M.A, Bond University, Gold Coast, Australia, May’07-Nov’15
- M.B.A. University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Sep’85‑Dec’86
- B.Sc.(Hons), University of Western Australia, Perth, Feb’78‑Nov’81
- Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Jan’15+
- S P Jain School of Global Management, Sydney, Dubai, Singapore, Nov’14-Nov’15
- Bond University,May’97-Aug’03
- Australian Graduate School of Management, UNSW, Sydney, Aug'95-Aug’96
- ESSEC, Paris, Sep'92-Aug'95
- Bond University, SP Jain University (Sydney campus), OP Jindal Global University (Delhi) 2014
- Southern Cross University (Gold Coast campus) 2012-2013
- Université de Toulouse, Mirail (Psychology) 2008
- University of Sydney,2005, 1997-1998
- IAE, Toulouse, 2004
- University of Innsbruck, 1999
- University of Hawai’i at Manoa, 1997-2000
- Curtin University (Singapore campus), 1997-1998
- Simon Fraser University, 1996
- ESSEC (MBA program) and ESSEC-IMD (Executive MBA), 1996-2000
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, 1993-1995
- University of Florida, 1991-1992
- University of Western Australia, 1987-1988
- Curtin University (formerly West Australian Institute of Technology), 1987, 1983-1985
Research & Publications
- Holden, S.S., N. Zlatevska and C. Dubelaar (2016) “Whether smaller plates reduce consumption depends on who’s serving and who’s looking: a meta-analysis” Journal of the Advances for Consumer Research, 1(1).
- Holden, S.S. and N. Zlatevska (2015) “Beware of small packs in multi-packs” The Conversation, 21 September.
- Holden, S.S. (2015) “Oh the uncertainty, how do we cope?” The Conversation, 10 September.
- Holden, S.S. (2015) “A home of your own: dream or delusion?” The Conversation, 16 June.
- Holden, S.S. (2015) “’No jab, no pay’ policy has a serious ethical sting” The Conversation, 15 April.
- Holden, S.S. and N. Zlatevska (2015) “The partitioning paradox: the big bite around small packages” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 32(2), 230-233.
- Holden, S.S., M.C. Patron and A. Rokeach (2015) “Victim Victorious: Preface” in M.C. Patron and S.S. Holden (eds) Victim Victorious: From fire to Phoenix, Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers,vii-xix
- Holden, S.S. (2015) “Confessions of a putative child molester” in M.C. Patron and S.S. Holden (eds) Victim Victorious: From fire to Phoenix, Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, pp.107-122.
- Patron, M.C. and S.S. Holden (2015) (eds) Victim Victorious: From fire to Phoenix, Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Holden, S.S. (2014) “Is food marketing making us fat: Fat cats vs. dogmatists,” Proceedings of the Australian Association of Social Marketing, July 18, DOI: 10.13140/2.1.3905.3449.
- Holden, S.S. (2014) “Shared inequalities: at home and at work,” The Conversation, 15 October.
- Holden, S.S. (2014) “Use your illusion: how to trick yourself and others into eating less,” The Conversation, 1 Oct .
- Holden, S.S. (2014) “Fighting for fatherhood: The other glass ceiling,” The Conversation, 17 July.
- Areni, C.S. and S.S. Holden (2014) The Other Glass Ceiling: Fathers stepping up, mothers letting go, Sydney, Australia: Darlington Press.
- Holden, S.S. (2014) “Health check: do bigger portion sizes make you eat more?” The Conversation, 14 April.
- Zlatevska, N., C. Dubelaar and S.S. Holden (2014) “Sizing Up the Effect of Portion Size on Consumption: A Meta-Analytic Review,” Journal of Marketing, 78 (3), 140-154.
- Holden, S.S. (2014) “A Cold War: The battle of Budweiser,” Australian Brews News, 5 March