- Andragogy and executive education
- Professional graduate skills/attributes
- Sociology of education of the professions
- Curriculum design to improve graduate professional skills/attributes
- Tant, K. Freeman, M., Benson, K., Delpachitra, S., Hallahan, T. Honore-Morris, D., Pinder, S., Sathye, M., Van de Venter, G., Watson I., De Lange P., Dolan, P., Frino, A., Hamson D., Healy, J., Le Bas Y., Michell, D., Rowe, M., Skala, S., Thomas, R., and Usasz, D. (2014), Academic Learning Standards for Finance in the Australian Higher Education Context, Australian Business Deans Council.
- Kearins, K. N. & Honoré-Morris, R., (2000). “Looking at Captain Cook for Lessons about Sustainable Enterprise”. Proceedings: Annual Educators Conference of the NZ Strategic Management Society. Vol 1 (2), Feb 3-4, p33-41
- 2019 - International Sociological Association - Sociology of the Professions (R52) Conference, Florence, Italy | Unshackling the Iron Cage through Creative Destruction: The survival of the accounting profession as a Social Institution. Accepted but unable to attend.
- 2019 - RMIT Accounting Educators Conference Melbourne, Australia | Breaking down the Iron Cage through Creative Destruction: The survival of the accounting profession.
- 2018 - XIX World Congress of Sociology [Changes and Challenges in Theories and Concepts for Professions and Professionalism], Toronto, Canada | The Professional Rubric: A Weberian based framework for assessing professional accounting practice and its educational needs. Accepted but unable to attend.
- 2018 - RMIT Accounting Educators Conference Melbourne, Australia | What do Accountants think of their profession and its associated education requirements?
- 2017 - Interim Conference of the International Sociological Association Oslo, Norway | The Sociology of Professional Groups | Should the criteria traditionally used by Sociologists and other experts to delineate professions be equally weighted? And will they remain important in the future? A Delphi survey.
- 2017 - Graduate Research Conference (University of Melbourne) | Should the criteria traditionally used by Sociologists and other experts to delineate professions be equally weighted? And will they remain important in the future? A Delphi survey.
Chapters in Books
- Poulin, B., Mills, B., Spiller, D., (1998), “Strategy and Management – A New Zealand Casebook”, Addison Wesley Longman New Zealand Ltd, 1998, Chapter 3, p40-54. – Main contributor.
Editorial and Reviewer Activities
Editorial Board or Editorial Review Board
- Journal of Accounting Education - Editorial Review Board (2017 and ongoing)
- Accounting Education: An International Journal – Editorial Review Board (2017 and ongoing)
- Journal of New Business Ideas & Trends (JNBIT) – Assistant Editor (2010 and ongoing)
- e-journal of Business Education & Scholarship of Teaching (ejBEST) – Assistant Editor (2009 and ongoing)
- e-journal of Social & Behavioural Research in Business (eJSBRB) – Assistant Editor (2009 and ongoing)
- Ad hoc peer reviewer for: Journal of Accounting Education, Global Perspectives on Accounting Education, Journal of New Business Ideas & Trends, e-journal of Business Education & Scholarship of Teaching, e-journal of Social & Behavioural Research in Business, and various other journals
Conferences & Workshops
- Facilitating for the Governance Institute to senior executives on risk, project management and accountability, reputational brand risk, directorships, secretarial, financial analysis, and risk frameworks
Awards & Recognition
- Justice of the Peace, New Zealand (1990 to 2003)
- Justice of the Peace, NSW, Australia (commenced 2010 and ongoing)
- Chartered Governance Professional, Governance Institute of Australia (since 2008)
- Chartered Manager, Institute of Chartered Managers, UK (since 2020)
- Chartered Secretary, Governance Institute of Australia (since 2006 and previously in New Zealand for 13 years)
- Chartered Tax Advisor, The Tax Institute (since 2012)
- Certified Management Accountant, Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Australia, Australia (since 2011)
- Certified Health Executive, Australasian College of Health Services Management (since 2005)
- Senior Fellow, Financial Services Institute of Australasia (since 1998)
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors (since 2011 and previously in New Zealand 1997-2003)
- Fellow, Governance Institute of Australia (since 2008)
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (since 2011)
- Fellow, CPA Australia (since 2010)
- Fellow, Institute of Public Accountants (since 2008)
- Fellow, Institute of Financial Accountants (UK) (since 2018)
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Managers and Leaders (since 2006 and previously in New Zealand for 12 years)
- Fellow, The Tax Institute (since 2005)
- Member, The Chartered Governance Institute (GCI), UK
- Member, Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Australia (since 2011)
- Registered Tax Agent, Australian Tax Practitioners Board (2012 - 2019)
Media Appearances & Coverage
- Radio interviews (Northern Territory) on the financial crisis during 2007 and 2008