- PhD, (MSc Industrial Engineering & Logistics) . Technical University Ilmenau, Germany, 2014
- Diploma-Ingenieur, Industrial Engineering & Management Berlin University of Technology (TU), Germany (GER),2007
Subjects taught/student project mentor
- Immersion: Strategic Innovation
- Strategic Analysis
- Adjunct Professor (E)MBA, S P Jain School of Global Management, Sydney / Singapore / Mumbai / Dubai, 2016 – present
- Reader, Roehampton University Business School, University of Roehampton, London, UK, 2017
- Visiting Professor, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, 2016-2017
- Collaborator, Center for Sports and Business, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden, 2016 – present
- Adjunct Professor, Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany, 2014 – present
- Adjunct Professor (E)MBA, University of South Australia, Adelaide/HongKong, Australia, 2014 – 2016
- Assistant Professor, University of Nottingham, Ningbo / Shanghai, China (UNNC), 2013 - 2016
- Managing Director, EZ Carry Cone Ltd., London (Invention and Licensing) - 2017 – present
- Managing Director, Talk with Bricks, Berlin (Germany) / Taipeh (Taiwan) (Consulting) - 2016 - present
- Business Angel / Advisor for Start-ups - 2012 – present
- Freelancer for Kienbaum Management Consultants - 2012 – 2014
- Chief Strategy Officer / Member of the Board, Recordatio AG - 2008 – 2009
- Director / Head of the competence center for strategy, CubeServ Group, Germany / Switzerland - 2007 – 2008
- Lobbyist “Deutsches Verkehrsforum” - 2004 – 2007
- Internships Siemens & BMW Group, Consultant BMW Group - 2002 – 2004
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Richter, U. and Arndt, F. (forthcoming): The legitimacy seeker: The CSR character of British American Tobacco Switzerland. Journal of Business Ethics
- Arndt, F. and Ashkanasy, N. (2015): Ambiculturalism and fusion theory – A world with open doors, Academy of Management Review, 40(1).
- Arndt, F. and Bach, N. (2015): An evolutionary perspective on dynamic capabilities, Journal of Management and Organization, 21.
- Galvin, P. and Arndt, F. (2014): Strategic Management – Building depth as well as breadth, Journal of Management and Organization, 20(2).
- Arndt, F. and Jucevicius, G. (2013): Antecedents and outcomes of dynamic
capabilities, Social Sciences, 81(3).
- Härtel, C. and Arndt, F. (2012): Some thoughts about reviewing: An Editor's and Newcomer's Perspective, Journal of Management and Organization, 18(2).
- Arndt, F. (2011): Assessing dynamic capabilities: Mintzberg’s schools of thought, South African Journal of Business Management, 42(1)
- Arndt, F. (2011): Strategic Management and Dynamic Capabilities: Organizing for Innovation and Growth, Organisation Studies, 32(4).
Conference papers presented:
- Conference paper presented by ‘Academy of Management’,‘Strategic Management Society’, ‘European Group of Organization Studies’,
‘Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management’.
- The paper “Dynamic capabilities in moderately changing environments
- The effect of structure” won the best stream award at the ANZAM conference 2013
- Two papers have been nominated for best paper awards (both from the SMS)
Chapters in books:
- Arndt, F. (2015): Article on asset specificities, Volume 6 International Management
of the Wiley Encyclopedia of Management, 3rd edition.
- Arndt, F. (2014): An exploration of the foundations of dynamic capabilities, Ilmenau
University of Technology Press.
- Chapman, R., Healey, N., Arndt, F. and Gould, R. (2011): Why study management
in Australia – New Zealand? In i-studentadvisor handbook.
- Arndt, F. (2008): Managing dynamic capabilities in alliance portfolios – from a static alliance management to a dynamic alliance portfolio management, diplomica Verlag.
- Arndt, F. and Eck, F. (2005): Study “Quo vadis Wirtschaftsstandort Deutschland?”,
Deutsches Verkehrsforum, Berlin.
- Egger, N. et al. (2005): Co-Author chapter 2 (together with Jörg Rose): SAP BW –
Planung und Simulation, Galileo Press.
Conferences & workshops:
- The Entrepreneur Conference (01/2015) (Practitioner Conference): Keynote speaker
and Panelist, Shanghai, China
- SMS (12/2014): Chair of two paper sessions
- UNNC (11/2014): Keynote speaker, Conference ‘The Future of International Higher Education’
- U21 (11/2014): Conference Organizer / Co-Chair “The Future of International Higher Education”
- UNNC (05/2014): Keynote speaker Entrepreneurship Day’
Awards & recognition:
- 2014: University of Nottingham Knowledge Exchange and Innovation for Social
Science Tri-Campus Award: Global Mentorship Programme