- Doctor of Philosophy -Lowa State University of Science and Technology ,2002
- Masters of Science (Major in Industrial Enginerring), Lowa State University of Science and Technology , 1999
- Bachelor of Science in Mechinical Enginerring , The University of Jordan, 1972
Subjects Taught/ Student Project Mentor
- Project Management
- Research Methods
- Assistant Professor,Supply Chain and Logistics Department ,Talal Abu-Gazaleh University College of Business Manama, Bahrain (2014 - 2015)
- Associate Professor, Industrial Engineering Department
University of Jordan Amman, Jordan (2010 - 2014)
- Assistant Professor, Industrial Engineering Department
University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan (2005 - 2010)
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman (2002 - 2005)
- Instructor, Industrial Engineering Department
Lowa State University, Lowa, USA (1999 - 2002)
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Industrial Engineering Department, Lowa State University, Lowa, USA (1996 -1999)
- Managing Director, Business Consultant and Trainer, Delphi-Jordan Co. Amman, Jordan ( 2007 - 2014)
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Computer Science Department, Barcelona, Spain, 7/2008, Dr. Christian Blum
- Kaiserslautern University, Distributed Algorithm Group, Germany, 7/2007-9/2007 and 8/2008-9/2008, Dr. Peter Merz
Research & Publications
- A Hybrid of Max-Min Ant System and Linear Programming for the K-covering Problem. Computers and Operations Research, Needs minor corrections, ISI-indexed Journal.
- Mazen Arafeh, and Mahmoud Barghash. An Improved Hybrid Algorithm for the Set Covering Problem, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 85 (2015), 328-334 , ISI-indexed Journal.
- A Hybrid of Nested Partition, Binary Ant System, and Linear Programming for the Multidimensional Knapsack Problem, Computers and Operations Research, 37 (2010), 247-255, ISI-indexed Journal.
- Nested Partition for the Minimum Energy Broadcast Problem, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 5313 (2007), 1-11
- Backtracking Ant System for the Traveling Salesman Problem, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3172 (2004), 318-325, ISI-indexed Journal. Note: LNCS was an ISI-indexed journal until 2005.
- A Max-Min Ant System (MMAS) to Minimize the Multi-Performance Measures of Single Machine under a Sequence Dependant Setup Time, Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE Annual Conference, 520-524.
- Ants for Sampling in the Nested Partition Algorithm, Hybrid Metaheuristice Conference 2004, 11-18.
Conference papers presented
- An integer programming model for finance-based scheduling with crashing, Construction Management and Economics.
- A max-min ant system for the finance-based scheduling problem, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering.
Awards & recognition
- Best research paper award- Received along with Peter Merz and Steffen Wolf for Nested Partitioning for the Minimum Energy Broadcast Problem, presented at the Learning and Intelligent Optimization Conference II (2007) in Torino, Italy