In March 2021, SP Jain School of Global Management’s Master in Global Luxury Goods & Services Management (MGLuxM) students participated in a series of virtual power talks and thought-leadership webinars with experts and entrepreneurs from the luxury sector. Students gained industry insights into content creation, hospitality, digital luxury and more. Here are the highlights:
Editing Luxury & Fashion: In Script!
Power Talk by Nupur Sarvaiya
(Features Editor for the UK-based Khush Wedding magazine; Contributing Editor for Vogue India)
March 12, 2021
Nupur Sarvaiya (Features Editor for the UK-based Khush Wedding magazine; Contributing Editor for Vogue India) shares practical tips to help students understand luxury content creation
In this session, Nupur Sarvaiya shared tips with students on how to create crisp content for some of the most coveted luxury and fashion brands. Here are the key takeaways:
- Going digital beyond Instagram and Facebook is necessary to stand out
- Brand communication needs to be inspirational and aspirational
- A content creator must also be adept in sales and marketing and video editing
- In the post-COVID era, ‘phygital’ (physical and digital) will become the new norm
The World of Luxury Hospitality
Power Talk by David Naidu
(Head – Human Resource, St. Regis)
March 19, 2021
(Top right) David Naidu (Head – Human Resource, St. Regis) in conversation with students
David Naidu shared insights on the various aspects of the luxury hospitality industry. He introduced students to the different segments of a hotel chain, highlighted the importance of customer experience and discussed the skills and competencies essential for professionals to make an emotional connect with customers. He also emphasised on monitoring and actioning on customer feedback to enhance their experience.
Luxury & the 5 Senses: Is Digital the 6th Sense?
Knowledge Series Webinar with Karan Shah (Founder – Indian Institute of Digital Education) and Dr Daniel André Langer (Founder and CEO – Équité)
March 26, 2021
(Clockwise from top left) Session moderator Roma Behwal (current MGLuxM student completing Term 2 in Milan) and panellists Karan Shah (Founder – Indian Institute of Digital Education) and Dr Daniel André Langer (Founder and CEO – Équité)
Karan Shah and Dr Daniel André Langer spoke about how the digital medium is making target communication easier. Here are the key learnings from the session:
- Digital is about behavioural science, and it uses metrics to target consumers for marketing
- Digital gives brands the scope to tell their story in a more intriguing way
- Portraying a story through digital influencers helps brands to be perceived as more approachable and reachable
- Unlike the in-store experience, a digital approach is always more personalised and efficient
- To make digital experience seamless, brands need to make their check-out process different and unparalleled
Watch the webinar
Show Direction – A 360-degree perspective on the real essence of fashion events
Power Talk by Vahbiz Mehta
(Show Director and Fashion Choreographer)
March 30, 2021
(Top left) Vahbiz Mehta speaks about her professional journey of becoming a show director and fashion choreographer
Vahbiz Mehta highlighted fashion’s innate relation with management. From conceptualisation to realisation, she shared how everything is a process that gets empowered when fuelled by insights. She concluded the session with a positive outlook for the fashion industry; she believes it will rebound after experiencing a setback amid the global pandemic.
The sessions helped MGLuxM students learn from the personal experiences of luxury leaders and provided them with a platform to network and build rewarding professional connections.