The S P Jain Global Group announces the launch of SP Jain School of High Technology, India’s first and only instructor-led school offering certificate programs in emerging technologies such as Virtual Reality, Machine Learning and Cybersecurity.
S P Jain School of High Technology offers in-depth specialist training, enabling students to sense how technologies create or enable new business models, reshape the economy and the way businesses operate. S P Jain School of High Technology offers a suite of certification courses in the field of emerging technologies such as Virtual Reality, Machine Learning and Cyber Security. Starting in December 2016 these courses are designed to develop emerging technology experts who are able to apply the latest technologies and strategies to create cutting edge solutions and solve complex business problems.
Prasar Sharma, Director, SP Jain School of High Technology, said, "Technology is evolving rapidly. Skills such as machine learning, virtual reality, Internet of Things and cybersecurity, to name a few, have become critical to both business and personal users. They are in high demand in the job market too."
“There is no such comparable program in the country today, our programs offer specialist training. Subsequently, the courses also familiarise students with real world problems through a two-month internship which is a part of the program duration,”
Program Listing & Key Highlights
1. Machine Learning Specialist Program
• The demand for cognitive computing skills is gaining enough steam that institutions all over the world are paying attention. The skills needed to succeed in cognitive computing go beyond the obvious knowledge key to any big-data-related specialty.
• Machine Learning jobs are the #1 in-demand profession at this time and are slated to grow exponentially in demand and rewards over the next few years
2. Cybersecurity & Data Security Specialist Program
• Cybersecurity & Data Security Specialist Program combines a number of functions into a single system and centralizes event logs and other security-related documentation for analysis.
• The increasingly sophisticated nature of cyberattacks and the ability to use new technologies such as machine learning algorithms to analyse, understand, and counter those threats has fundamentally changed the nature of the job. The demand supply gap for experts in this domain is now unprecedented.
3. Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Engineer
• Virtual reality is no longer the sole province of game makers. That means someone with the right experience and skills would have diverse options across industries spanning from media to training to autonomous vehicle development, to name a few.
• Key skills required include Objective-C, C++, Computer Vision, C, computer graphics, mobile application development, OpenGL ES, C#, OpenGL, DirectX, WebGL, and Digital Image Processing.
The programs aim to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application of Emerging Technologies. The programs feature 16 weeks of intensive classroom learning & lab-work designed to instill rigor, knowledge & real-world understanding of the technologies. Dynamic case studies, classroom discussions, projects and in-depth industry analyses strengthen the participant’s ability to harness online resources and develop strategies to maximise marketing efforts.
This is followed by an 8-week industry internship that helps translate the knowledge gained in the first part of the program into an actual real-world execution, the outcome of which would contribute substantially to the achievement level of the learner in the program.
These programmes are primarily targeted at engineers, computer science and other graduates with programming experience. "As opposed to MOOCs, it is India's only instructor-led programme offering intensive classroom learning, focused lab work and has a unique eight-week industry internship component," said Sharma. The campus houses, among other things, a Virtual Reality lab and a Cloud Lab.