Adapt to different business environments, cultures & market conditions. Immerse in new cultures, step out of your comfort zone, develop cross-cultural understanding, gain real-world experience and engage some of the world’s top companies with our Master of Global Business (MGB) program. Designed exclusively for graduates with little or no work experience, the program trains you to appreciate and adapt to different business environments, cultures and market conditions, preparing you for a lifetime of decision-making and leadership.
Why SP Jain's MGB?
PROGRAM CURRICULUM & STRUCTURE
- Ask the right questions to frame issues
- Use the right tools to analyse data
- Synthesise information to create value
- Innovate using Design Thinking
- Use digital technology to develop high quality solutions, and
- Add value to future employers
In the initial term of the program, students build on their experience and gain a solid foundation in business through core courses in general topics of management like Economics, Finance, Statistics and Marketing. These courses are common and are required for all students, irrespective of their areas of specialisation.
- Contemporary Marketing Management
- Global Finance
- Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Choosing the right area of focus can influence one’s career growth. Our wide range of electives have been designed keeping in mind the requirements of each focus area. Rich in content and quality, these cutting-edge electives are ideal for executives desirous of gaining an edge in today's competitive economy.
EMPLOYABILITY & GLOBAL CAREERS
Employers in virtually every field seek two key skills in their employees: leadership and communication. SP Jain's strong focus in these areas gives its students an edge in the workforce. The P2E program emphasises all aspects of leadership including personality development and decision-making. Not only are graduates well prepared to maintain strong leadership roles within their companies, but also to make a strong impact on their communities.
Besides leadership skills, in the P2E program, students learn:
- Effective business writing including how to analyse situations to determine the most appropriate method of communication, tone, and level of formality.
- Oral communication including interviews, group discussions, presentations, spontaneous conversations, persuasive/dissuasive arguments and e-communication.
- Increased fluency in English to better perform in a global, English-speaking business environment.
- Communication management including theory, conflict resolution, and crisis communication.
- Research and citation skills for better, results-oriented reporting.
- Understanding the job interview process from both sides of the desk. Knowledge of how interviews are conducted will not only help executives with their own recruiting, but also the interviewees to prepare correctly for and overcome nervousness in interviews.
Internship updates from the Intake of 2015 (January) are provided below:
- Nearly 84% of students received offers of internships from companies based in Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- 16% of offers were made by top companies in India.
- The FMCG and E-commerce sectors dominated the recruitment drive this season, accounting for over 36 percent of total offers made.
- Consulting, IT and Logistics were a close second.
- Genpact, HP, Heniz, Bayt.com, Agility Logistics, Kimberly Clark, Bosch, NOL and Apparel Group were the top recruiters this internship cycle.
Full-time placement updates from the Intake of 2014 (May) are provided below:
- Over 60% of students from the Intake of 2014 (May) were offered full-time job offers by companies that hosted them for internships
- Over 67% of job offers were made by companies in Southeast Asia and the Middle East
- Highest CTC: USD 50,750
- Average CTC: USD 26,900
- Top recruiters of the season were Genpact, Heniz, Al Naboodah, Al Futtaim, APL Logistics, Credit Suisse, Landmark Group, Motilal Oswal, Network International (UAE), Royal Bank of Scotland and Westcon